Cheese Curd Chili
When a nip of cold is felt from the woods in the beginning of fall, you know it’s time to start thinking about hot soups, crock pots, and good old-fashioned comfort food. Today, we whipped together a crockpot chili we call Cheese Curd Chili.
Served with a side of cornbread and fresh honey, this is a hearty meal that will keep you warm while the “good sleeping” weather tiptoes in.
To make this meal, start by reading our Cornbread recipe here, and then continue on with our Cheese Curd Chili. Ok, time to be real for a second. FourKidsAndAChicken.com are huge Vikings fans. This year, we decided to own cheese in most of our recipes just to spite our neighbors to the east who for some reason think cheese is for wearing on their head an not for going into their mouth. Um…. No Thanks. Their name must not ever be mentioned on this blog. But, long story short … That is why we have “Cheese Curd” Chili.
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 1/2 quarts Tomato Juice (We used our Homemade Tomato Juice we preserved from our own garden)
- 5 stalks celery
- 1 can maple flavor baked beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by browning the ground beef and the onion.
- Add the diced jalapeño to the burger and onion. Then combine all of the ingredients in a crockpot.
- This is all of the ingredients without the tomato sauce.
- Add tomato sauce until you get the consistency you desire. Err to the side of being a little too liquid because a small amount will evaporate off.
- Cook on low heat for 4 or more hours in the crockpot.
- Serve hot with cheese curds and sour cream.
Start by browning the ground beef and the onion.
This is all of the ingredients without the tomato sauce.
Add tomato sauce until you get the consistency you desire. Err to the side of being a little too liquid because a small amount will evaporate off.
Cook on low heat for 4 or more hours in the crockpot.
Serve hot with cheese curds and sour cream.
If you liked this recipe, you should also check out these too:
- Red Wine Roast Beef Recipe
- Cheese Curd Jalapeno Poppers
- Beer Can Chicken for the Grill
- Homemade Jalapeno Corn Dogs
- Crispy Jalapeno Poppers Bites
- Grilled Pheasant Poppers
- Preserved Lemon Chicken by Four Kids And A Chicken
- Grilling Ribs With the 321 Ribs Method