Preserved Lemon Chicken
Welcome back. We decided to sneak in one last recipe for the month! It’s a preserved Lemon Chicken and a great example of you can use your preserved food to cook fresh all year long.
It feels great to be back behind the camera. Especially when the prize is to eat something as amazing as this Preserved Lemon Chicken. The Four Kids and a Chicken family was given a can of preserved lemons for Christmas. As many of you know, we do a lot of canning, and this was a very nice gift (thanks, uncle D and aunt M)!
- Noodles (any kind you prefer is fine)
- Preserved Lemons (or substitute fresh if you don’t have any)
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Rind
- Alfredo Sauce (we used a homemade lemon alfredo)
- To start, we took our preserved lemons and placed them in a blender to nearly liquify them and simultaneously started a pot of boiling water for the noodles.
- Then, use just enough oil to cover the bottom of a pan. Turn the heat to medium-high.
- Cut the chicken into serving size chunks and pat dry with a paper towel. Then place in the pan. Drying the chicken will help the chicken brown in the oil.
- After the chicken cooks for 10-15 minutes, it will begin to brown and the cook through. Flip the chicken to brown and cook the other side.
- Right after turning the chicken, scoop in enough of the preserved lemons to cover the spaces between the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, boil your noodles
- When the noodles and the chicken are done, plate as shown with the Alfredo sauce, parsley, and lemon rind.
This was a great meal for a cold winter day when we needed to cook something indoors. It was also a great way to use some preserved food from the garden.
Other Posts You May Like
Learn more about preserving foods here:
- How to make Crabapple Jelly
- Preserved Roasted Tomatoes
- Salsa Recipe for Small Garden Batches
- Drying Herbs Fresh From The Garden
- How To Make Homemade Maple Syrup
- How to Make Dill Pickles
- How to Make Refrigerator Pickles
Other Family Dinner Ideas:
- Spaghetti With Fresh Canned Spaghetti Sauce
- Zucchini Chicken Burger Recipe
- Homemade Jalapeno Corn Dogs
Our favorites from the Grill:
- Learn the 321 ribs technique
- How to Smoke a Turkey Breast
- Make a Turkey Pot Pie
- Beer Can Chicken
- Chicken Wings for the Grill
- Cast Iron Grilled Chicken
- Red Wine Roast Beef