Homemade Irish Cream is a liquor you can make at home that works as a great substitute for Baileys. If you are hosting a Christmas party and need a holiday cocktail, impress your guests with this Irish cream liqueur.
Why Make Homemade Irish Cream
Baileys is a mixture of dairy and liquor that has a shelf life of years. Just think about that for a second… What process exactly makes liquor and dairy live together that long without going bad? I don’t know but I prefer to make my own foods when possible and this is a great one we can easily make with just a few ingredients and a blender. Your homemade Irish cream will be just as smooth and silky but taste more natural and fresh. Here’s how to make a knockoff homemade Baileys.
10 minPrep Time
1 minCook Time
11 minTotal Time
Yields 1 blender
- 1 2/3 Cup Irish Whisky
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Cold Coffee
- 2/3 Can of Sweet and Condensed Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve over ice
First, take out your blender and pour in the Irish Whisky
Then add the all of the other ingredients and blend together.
We garnished our glass with cranberries and a small branch from a pine tree to add some Christmas color to this holiday cocktail.
As an added tip – garnish or serve with fresh hot cookies. We had just made some chocolate chip cookies and discovered our homemade Bailey’s is perfect for dipping. The warm cookie and the cold cream went together so well it didn’t take long to run out of cookies.
More Drinks Ideas
More Holiday Recipes
Other Homemade Recipes and Ideas
- How to Make Homemade Maple Syrup
- Home Made Coleslaw
- Homemade Jalapeno Corn Dogs
- How To Make Creme Fraiche
- Salsa Recipe for Small Garden Batches
- Homemade Strawberry Jam Recipe
- Preserved Roasted Tomatoes
- Drying Herbs Fresh From The Garden
- Making a Classic Bechamel Sauce Recipe
- Home Made Crab Apple Jelly