Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce Recipe
Our honey bourbon BBQ sauce recipe is a gourmet bbq sauce that will change the way you think about bbq sauce. It’s sticky, sweet and spicy making our honey bourbon bbq sauce the perfect bbq sauce for ribs. Make this recipe for special occasions or for a made from scratch home dinner. Because of the variety of ingredients and the time it takes to prepare them, this is considered a specialty bbq sauce. Use it on ribs, meatballs, or substitute it for store bought bbq sauce to make any recipe gourmet.
How to make BBQ Sauce for ribs
The Honey Bourbon recipe itself is very easy to make. The key is to get the ingredients ready and then put them together on the stove. We picked a variety of ingredients designed to pull in fun flavors and combinations that will make your pallet cheer and your fingers sticky.
Spicy. Sticky. Sweet. A perfect gourmet BBQ sauce.
8 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
18 minTotal Time
Yields About 1 quart.
- 2/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 and a half tablespoons Sriracha
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Combine all ingredients except for the bourbon in a medium pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and stir regularly until it slightly thickens. (reduce it by 1/4 or so)
- Turn off heat and add the bourbon.
Homemade BBQ Sauce Instructions
Combine all the ingredients except for the Bourbon into a medium pot over medium-high heat. Stir while bringing it to a boil. Once it starts to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer. Stirring occasionally until the glaze thickens. Remove from heat, add the bourbon and stir one last time.
This is a great bbq sauce for ribs but it can also be used as a substitute for bar-b-cue in other recipes as well. The sticky sweet and the spicy flavors are perfect for appetizers like bbq meatballs. We tried them on a baked ribs recipe and loved them.
This image below shows our Honey Bourbon BBQ Ribs using this sauce.
Other Posts You May Like
If you liked our homemade Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce, you may also like these other homemade and from scratch sauces:
- Making a Classic Bechamel Sauce Recipe
- Easy Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
- Creme Fraiche
- Chipotle Ranch Dipping Sauce
Are you a carnivore? These are some of our favorite recipes:
- Beer Can Chicken for the Grill
- Red Wine Roast Beef Recipe
- Smoked Turkey Breast
- Chicken Wings on the Grill
- Pheasant Poppers
- Smoked Pulled Pork